Old June 2nd 07, 04:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
R. Dean

Default Telelscope Pictures 1

It does NOT point a laser at any aircraft!! It is a finder scope that when
calibrated correctly creates a pinpoint of light within the finderscope and
when aligned with the aircraft in the finderscope you then will have the
aircraft in the camera viewfinder and be able to pick it up. They do not
emit any kind of laser light!!!! I actually do have a different aiming
method using a cross hair scope but it is not as efficient. But this is not
a safety issue as no light leaves the finderscope.

Rex

"John" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 01:45:09 GMT, "R. Dean" wrote:

and I used a laser type
tracking device.

Not good. Be advised that pointing a laser at an aircraft in flight is
highly dangerous and may be illegal. At least one person has been
arrested and charged. See these articles. I work in flight crew
training for a major aitline and this is a big safety issue at the
very least.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._9/ai_n9509026

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...1356-3924r.htm

Interesting pictures, however I would recommend a different aiming
method.

J. W. Alger