Old May 26th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Oregon vacation

As others have suggested, the Columbia Gorge has great scenery.
Multinomial Falls is only 30 miles east from Portland on I-84. You
wouldn't see the falls well from the air :-)

If you have time, Crater Lake is a Don't Miss.

If you haven't flown along the Pacific coast before it's a real treat.
At these three airports I've walked (approx. 10-15 minutes) to the beach.

Siletz Bay State Airport, http://airnav.com/airport/S45
Unattended the last time I was there, walk west to the Highway, south
a quarter mile, then west to the beach.

Nehalem Bay State Airport, http://airnav.com/airport/3S7
Unattended, walk west through the campground, over a dune and you're
on the beach.

Pacific City State Airport, http://airnav.com/airport/KPFC
Unattended, right in the middle of the town, A short narrow field
with frequent gusty crosswinds. It's a short walk to the Beach where
you can see Haystack Rock.

- John (displaced Oregonian) Ousterhout -

JJS wrote:
Okay,
You guys helped me plan my Canadian fishing trip flight last summer. This time I'm headed to Oregon.