Old September 6th 04, 01:23 PM
Dan Thompson

Another data point. I have had KX-155s working next to GPSs in several
different configurations for years with no problems. Currently a 530 and a
single 155 with GS.

"Frank Stutzman" wrote in message
Dave Butler wrote:
O. Sami Saydjari wrote:
I am about to purchase a used KX-155/KI-209 Combo and have it
installed.
I have a Garmin 430, so I want to make sure I am not going to run into
problems with my GPS.

Hi Sami,

I must have missed the posting to which you are replying, so I don't
have the context. I can say, however, that the KX-155 in my airplane
certainly does interfere with my handheld Garmin 196. Tuning the NAV
side to either the FAY or GSO VOR means a "lost satellite reception"
message on the GPS. Perhaps a certified GPS is less susceptible to
interference.

I've got a KX-155, a Garmin 430 and a Garmin 195 (with external antenna)
on my plane. I've never noticed the problem you mention, Dave. Now it
could be that I never happened to tune my 155 to the frequencies you
mentioned. Since getting the 430, I rarely tune the 155 NAV to ANYTHING
;-). I also can't say that the 195 hasn't been affected as I don't tend
to kept a constant eye on it.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"