Old February 2nd 04, 08:24 PM
Mark James Boyd

In article ,
Bill Daniels wrote:

"Todd Pattist" wrote in message
.. .
(John Cochrane) wrote:

4) Rest In Peace the 15 minute time addition. Time to upgrade your
software, and really learn to use it so you can nail the exact finish
time.

Or (putting it differently) slower pilots who nail the exact
finish time, get more points than faster pilots who don't.
Todd Pattist - "WH" Ventus C
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)

Is it just me, or are the competition rules becoming more like a sports car
navigation rally instead of a race?

Bill Daniels

One wonders, if the rules committee is largely unchanged from
the year before, and they come up with new changes, aren't
they saying they were too stupid to get it right the previous
year? So why would they think they'd get it right the
following year?

Wouldn't the honorable thing be to simply admit you couldn't
get it right, recuse yourself, and let in a whole new
committee that at least has a chance of coming up with
rules that are so good they might last more than a year
with no changes?

I personally think that would be best for the sport:
the rules committee remains the same until they decide
a change is needed, and at that point they go home forever
and are all replaced by new members who come up with new rules.

Eventually we'd come up with rules so good they'd never need changing,
right? ;PPPP