Old February 4th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Casey Wilson

Default "Rolling" to ATC

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Under what conditions, if any, would you explicitly tell ATC that you
are rolling, that is, actually rolling on the runway for take-off?

I hear this used occasionally, but I don't know if there are any
formal circumstances that merit it, or if it is just at pilot
discretion, or what. It is normally independent of the readback of
the take-off clearance (which precedes it), although sometimes I hear
"Rolling" without a readback of the clearance.

None at all.