Old February 17th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Travis Marlatte

Default gear up landing of a Piper Arrow

"buttman" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 16, 9:25 am, "Al G" wrote:
"Jim Macklin" wrote in message

"other three?" Who knew the Arrow had 4 ?

And isn't "three gear get stuck in the down position." what you want?

Al G

"buttman" wrote in message
roups.com...
|http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/
|
| click on "emergency response to troubled plane"
|
| An arrow tried to bounce the plane on the runway to get
the stuck
| landing gear to come down, but all it did was make the
other three
| gear get stuck in the down position.

gah. I meant to say the Arrow has 1 gear that was stuck up, and the
other two were down. After the bouceing (which I have never heard of
anyone doing), the two that he was able to get down, were then stuck
in the down position. I was always under the impression that it's
better to land on the plan's belly (with no gear down) than it is to
land with only 2 of the 3 gear down.

Probably but I would have tried bouncing too. I doubt that it was the
bouncing that caused the two to get stuck down.
Travis
Lake N3094P
PWK