Old February 17th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default gear up landing of a Piper Arrow

Always better to land with the mains down or with them up if
wing and nose. But A proper pre-flight and maintenance
reduces the issue to a rare case. But then lots of people
don't do the maintenance they should do.

oups.com...
wrote in message

| "other three?" Who knew the Arrow had 4 ?
|
| And isn't "three gear get stuck in the down
position." what you want?

| Al G
|

| "buttman" wrote in message

roups.com...

| |http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/
| |
| | click on "emergency response to troubled plane"
| |
| | An arrow tried to bounce the plane on the runway to
get
| the stuck
| | landing gear to come down, but all it did was make
the
| other three
| | gear get stuck in the down position.
| |

| gah. I meant to say the Arrow has 1 gear that was stuck
up, and the
| other two were down. After the bouceing (which I have
never heard of
| anyone doing), the two that he was able to get down, were
then stuck
| in the down position. I was always under the impression
that it's
| better to land on the plan's belly (with no gear down)
than it is to