Old October 15th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

Default Schweizer visit to the desert

a well taken care of "antique" glider is a joy to fly .. and affordable..
many clubs flying only glass have to raise their costs so high to support
the purchase and operations with increasing fuel costs
that they become to expensive for that "kid hanging on the fence" to afford
and get started in flying

Especially when you can train in a 2-33 to solo.. and then immediately
graduate them into the 1-26 for their solo hours.
Add to that the lure of the glass 2 seat and single seater after the
"graduate" with a certificate.. it creates "goals" for advancement.

BT

"jeplane" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recommend parking the Schweizers: they belong in museums!

Bringing new people to this sport and showing them a 40 years old
aircraft do nothing to promote soaring in this world of shinny ipods,
ATV's, mortorcycles etc...

PS: boy, do I expect to be lynched with this post!...:-)