Old January 20th 20, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Lowest power tow

On Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 9:20:04 AM UTC-5, Ron Gleason wrote:
On Saturday, 18 January 2020 22:30:51 UTC-7, wrote:
What's the lowest power tow plane you've ever seen or towed by? An Examiner of mine said his was a C150 with 100hp. I also once saw paperwork for an 85hp Luscombe to tow.

Dragonfly Ultralight used to tow hang gliders, equipped with Rotax 914S. Towed my DG303 at Big SPring TX during the 2008 HG worlds so we could assist the organizers with spotting 'cloud flyers' amongst the competitors.

Many gliders have been towed out of Sheets airport, north of Seminole, when they landed short getting back to Seminole.

We have a turbo Dragonfly at our place. Lots of power but a slow airplane. How fast was your tow speed behind the Dragonfly?
UH