Old February 22nd 21, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Carris[_2_]

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 11:35:24 AM UTC-7, Soartech wrote:
FYI, after getting your 2nd vaccine shot some people are experiencing a fever and other symptoms of fighting an infection. This is more common in people under 55, having stronger immune responses, which excludes many of us on this forum. However taking vitamin D3 daily, for at least a week or two before the shot may prevent this from happening. Why? Because vitamin D has been found to modulate the bodies immune response so that it does not make more inflammatory cytokines than are required to fight the virus. Many of the negative effects of any infection are caused by our bodies fighting it. Because we live and work indoors most residents of Europe and North America are vitamin D deficient. Taking vitamin D3 is an inexpensive and easy way to remedy this. Have your level checked during your next blood test. Should be 30 to 70 ng/ml.

I'm 73 years young and for the past six or seven months have taken Vitamin D3 daily X 2 the recommended daily requirement, and had side effects from the booster. Some people have side effects with the first shot, some with the booster and some not at all.