Old November 27th 03, 03:09 PM
A Lieberman

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

BTW, did I mention my airspeed indicator was ALSO inop...due to water in
the pitot line?

Hi Ron,

Sounds like you had a run of bad luck with the water.

How in the world did water get in your pitot line? Was your drain hole
blocked? High winds blowing straight down the pitot tube?

I myself have found rain in the static ports, and used a 10wD 40 straw
to clear it, but never water in the pitot tube. I will now start
checking the drain hole in my preflight. I never thought to before this
conversation, I always peer inside the tube to insure no insect nests (I
put a cover on anyway, but still check.) I take that word "assume" very
seriously.

Allen