Old November 27th 03, 04:48 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 07:09:10 -0800, A Lieberman
wrote:

Sounds like you had a run of bad luck with the water.

How in the world did water get in your pitot line? Was your drain hole
blocked? High winds blowing straight down the pitot tube?

I live in the Seattle area. 'Nuff said. :-)

Seriously, it had to be a combination of rain with strong winds, since I
had one of those little "blowback" hinged pitot tube covers on my plane.
My tiedown spot faced south, and that's the direction the storm winds come
from around here.

Still, it's a tiny little hole...hard to believe that water could find and
enter it. It happened a couple of times in my ownership of the plane.
There was a junction for the pilot line just inboard of the tube, behind an
inspection panel in the bottom of the wing. I'd open the panel, disconnect
the line, blow on the end of the tube, and be rewarded with a "splut!"
sound as water shot from the open end of the line.

Ron Wanttaja