Old September 13th 05, 04:28 PM

I can definitely attest to that. I travel to China yearly in the last
five years visiting many cities along its coast. The haze caused by
pollution renders any low altitude flying IFR even on cloudless days,
and that's everywhere along its coast. I very rarely see blue sky
there. The sky is almost always brown-ish white on a clear day.

It'll take them probably 50 years to clean up their air. The haze in
China even affects Japan due to prevailing wind.

I feel thankful for the environmental laws in US every time I return
home to Seattle.

-M

Hamilton Flyer wrote:
If you are going to the Hong Kong / Shenzen area or Shanghai, you can
expect that the pollution will be so thick as to rarely have VFR conditions.

Not GA friendly place by a longshot - I'm afraid.

Steve