Old September 4th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default Big Stick

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" wrote

dunno what it is (but I would GUESS brake lever), but here is a picture
that shows the lever (for those of us who don't have the photo you are
looking at):

http://thehenryford.artehouse.com/pe...roductTypeID=1

Nah, everyone know that is to shift into second gear for take-offs! g

That sucker sure does look like a gear shift, doesn't it?

How about flaps? Anyone got a picture of the overhead inside the cockpit?
If there is a flap lever up there, it wouldn't be a flap lever.

I'm going with your guess of a brake lever. As short as they can stop upon
landing, a long lever makes sense.

Of course, they never stop for the flagmen at OSH, so unless they are about
to run into something, we always just stood back and crossed our arms behind
our back and let them do what they want to! ;-)
--
Jim in NC