Old January 6th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vaughn Simon

Default Rodent Deterrent?

"rlovinggood" wrote in message

Does anyone know a deterrent to rodents? How can I keep them out of
the trailer? The trailer stays parked outside, unfortunately.

I have repeatedly heard that fabric softener sheets are very effective at
repelling mice from enclosed spaces. Never tried it myself.

Would moth balls work if placed in both the trailer and the cockpit?

Moth balls seem to work against a broad range of rodents. I have twice used
them to get racoons out of attics. I put them in old socks, tie a cord to the
sock for retrieval, & toss them into the far reaches of the space. Unlike
fabric softener sheets, moth balls stink almost as bad as rodent urine.

Important question: Are moth ball fumes corrosive to metal parts or harmful
to plexiglass?

Vaughn

Thanks,

Ray Lovinggood