Old March 27th 17, 11:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default iPhone 6+ or Galaxy Note 4?

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 02:21:22 -0700, krasw wrote:

Specs for good gliding computer dislay are he

- Colour display - Over 1000 nits brightness (readability has everything
to do with this, not contrast)
- Matte screen surface, unless you need a mirror in cockpit - Touch
screen

The best I've used is a Medion S3747, which has a transreflective colour
display and is compatible with LK8000 (and so should be fine with XCSoar).

Its readable with full sunlight directly on its face and has an 800 mAh,
swappable battery and is very well made. It has a 3.5" display, which
suits me fine (Libelle driver, so no easy way to hang a PNA off the side
of the panel).

IMO they're worth grabbing if you can find one. Picture here, positioned
in apple tree for cuteness rather than to show sunlight readability:
http://www.gregorie.org/gliding/pna/

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK