Old March 27th 17, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default iPhone 6+ or Galaxy Note 4?

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 04:39:56 -0700, Surge wrote:

On Monday, 27 March 2017 12:53:54 UTC+2, Martin Gregorie wrote:
The best I've used is a Medion S3747, which has a transreflective
colour display and is compatible with LK8000 (and so should be fine
with XCSoar).

Support for Windows CE has been dropped from XCSoar in version 7 and
higher.
You can still run the older versions on CE though.
I find it hard to believe devices running Windows CE are still being
sold.

None of the WinCE/WinMobile PNAs have been on sale since shortly after MS
dropped support for WinMobile (soon after Windows 8 was released IIRC)
but, like the Streak, they can still be found on eBay etc.

I'm still wondering what I'll use next: possibly something based on a
RaspberryPi Zero. The only problem is that available COTS touch screens
may not be usable in bright sunlight.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK