Old October 7th 03, 11:13 AM
Cub Driver

What would have happened if the Germans had successfully over-run England? I
imagine a bloody period followed by protracted fighting until the US decided
to lend a hand. At which time, the German forces would find themselves both
attacking the B

I'm afraid not. Had Britain (not merely England) been occupied by
Germany, there is no way that the U.S. could have gotten at Europa.
The army was green, the landing craft not yet produced, and the only
aircraft capable of attacking Europa from the U.S. was the B-36, which
couldn't have survived German air defenses and probably wouldn't have
made the slightest difference if it had.

No, I think we would have been content to fight our own war against
Japan.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at www.warbirdforum.com