Old July 11th 03, 09:09 AM
John Galloway

Jason

Reloading the firmware doesn't delete my 302 logs (or
settings).

A new flight will only clear the oldest logs progressively
if the memory is full.

There isn't a record of revision chnages that I know
of but all the revision changes recently must be software
bug issues as there are no noticeable function changes.

I'm not particularly computer knowledgable and I don't
know what your problem is but I do know that the first
thing I would try would be to download the newest firmware
for the 302 and also the utility programme and try
again. Next step would be to download to a PDA or
another PC and after that to contact Cambridge.

John Galloway

At 04:48 11 July 2003, Jason Armistead wrote:
Hi

Our 302 unit with V2.50 firmware in it will not transfer
Flight Logs
after
bombing out mid-way on a previous transfer.

I am using a Windows 2000 PC with Utility V2.55, which
has previously
downloaded logs without any trouble.

Now, when I click on the button to start the transfer,
it does not
display
any logs to choose from. Instead, there is an error
dialog box, which
says '300_Utility_PC255' on the title bar, and says
'Could not get
FAT.(A)'
and an 'OK' button

I have tried restarting the PC Utility software to
no avail. I also
tried
switching off the 302 and then recycling the battery
power to it.
Still, it
doesn't work.

I can use the other buttons on the PC Utility main
menu to transfer
the 302's
Glider ID and Polar and Instrument Settings OK, so
it *IS*
communicating. It
also seems to be working correctly as a vario, etc,
though it hasn't
been
flown since that time (perhaps when it starts to write
a new log it'll
clear
the old one).

Can anyone please advise what course of action I should
take, or some
remedial
steps I should try.

I *DO NOT* want to lose the flight logs (there are
107 of them in
there, per
my efforts BEFORE it bombed)

Perhaps this issue is fixed by later firmware ? The
CAI web site only
shows the release notes for the very latest V2.63 firmware.
Is there
a set of
cumulative firmware change logs kept somewhere ? That's
very useful
if a user
needs to 'skip' a few versions.

Does upgrading the firmware cause the logs to be cleared
? (I don't
want
this to happen if at all possible)

I look forward to help from anyone out there that may
be able to
assist with this problem

Thanks in advance

Jason