Old July 8th 03, 12:10 PM
Tom Schoene

"Cub Driver" wrote in message
news
Next time you're at the bookstore, front a copy of it on a display.
If it's facing the aisle, someone looking for another cut'n'paste
job might chance upon a real book.

I used to do this with a certain book every time I visited the
National Air & Space Museum. One day when I was leaving the museum and
happened to check the gift shop again, I found that some anal
individual had returned the books to their previous position.

I can't speak for NASM, but you'll find that in most regualr bookstores,
which books are shelved face-out is not just randomw or at the staff's
discretion. Publishers pay the major chains for face-out shelving of
specific boooks, and even more for end-cap placement.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)