Old January 27th 04, 10:59 PM
O. Sami Saydjari

Wow...thanks.

Michelle P wrote:

Sami,
You can install a Concorde www.concordebattery.com CB-25, CB-25XC, RG-25
or RG-25XC.

Gee, I wish my A&P knew this. Growl.

1) Four attempted starts depends on how long you were trying. Most
starters have a 30 second continuous limit.
using that that is 2 full minutes of cranking. That would just about be
the limit for battery capacity.

I see. OK. So, it sounds like 4 tries is about all I can expect, no
matter what battery I get?! Guess I need to get better at this starting
thing!

2) Has your aircraft had the original battery cable (Aluminum in most
models) with the Bogert Copper Cable kit? This improves starting speed
and longevity.

The new cable kit has been installed.

3) Find a more open minded A&P Concorde recently modified the battery
cases so they will fit in the Piper Battery Box.

Good to know. Thanks.

4) Place your battery on a Charger for an hour a day. Low current. A
standard appliance timer works fine.

This may be a bit awkward. My aircarft is in a communal hanger (hmmm,
sounds communist) and they need to move it around from time to time to
get to other aircraft.

5) Use a battery heater.

Hmmm...I had not heard of those. Have you or anyone else on the
newsgroup had good experience with those? I wonder if I can somehow
link it to my (newly installed....just last week) Tanis heater?

Michelle (A&P)