Old October 11th 04, 04:49 AM
W P Dixon

Dale,
I would like to see Van make a light sport plane as well. One reason he
may not want to is the cruise speed is slower than he usually goes for. I
believe you mentioned 150k, that would keep sport pilots from flying that
airplane. If I am not mistaken 120k in level flight will be the max. BUT
HEY, who knows for sure it seems something changes everyday with the whole
sport thing! HAHA But I do agree , I would like to see an RV-SP ! hee hee

Patrick

"Dale" wrote in message ...
Got to thinking today about building another project and was wondering

about
maybe Vans coming out with an RV-? that would fit the Light Sport Aircraft
catagory. With Rotax power and about 150 kt cruise. I'm not interested in
any Lycoming or certified power, nor any automotive power.
Could he do it? Would he do it?
I don't think I would hesitate for a kit like this. I know there are lots

of
others out there but I would bet the bank on an
RV-? project.
Anybody got any ideas along this line?
Dale