Old September 3rd 19, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Need Another Cobra Trailer Wheel

Tim,

Those are 14" wheels and 1 inch wider than my 13" rims. I have room for the added width. And I suspect I can match the tire height/circumference with a choice of size/profile (which would allow me to retain my two functional rims as emergency spares). But I'm wondering about added load on the wheel bearings if the offset is wildly different from stock. Did you do any checking on that and arrive at the BMW rims on that basis? Or did they fit the bolt circle and centerbore and just look good?

Chip