Old September 11th 03, 07:03 PM
BD5ER

Her is just what you want. I like this idea.

Two J.E.T. Ltd Cobra turbo-jet engines have been
successfully installed in a French built Cri-Cri
aircraft. The Cobra powered plane is the World's
smallest jet .

picture of the craft is at the bottom of the page

http://www.gasturbine.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/page2.htm

Jim Culp wrote in message

Gentlefolk,

Rough estimate please:

Just for the fun of it I took the 19m Cirrus thing that comes with X-plane,
bumped the weight to 1000 take off, and added two 40 lb thrust jet motors at
the cg. The TO performance isn't that great but it will self launch in about
400 feet and fly about 90 knots.

Bumping the thrust to 80 lbs each gets it off the ground - very - well.

X-plane is generally pretty close to reality if you give it good numbers to
work with.
How many pounds thrust might be needed
keep a std class glider with std pilot aboard
such as a
Std Libelle or Ls4 or Discus