Old August 18th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Default POL $640.00 to fill the tanks...

It is plain and simple communism. The people (read government) owns the
means of production.

On the other hand, Wal-Mart was a little company that got big because it
provided something the buying public wanted. It did not start out the giant
that it is today.

But now that WalMart is big, it goes public, and the people once again
own the means of production (only this time it's a limited set of
people). And, when it gets big enough, it purchases influence in the
government.

Ultimately, if enough influence is purchased, we end up in the same
place, effectively, as what you call communism.

Also, I would say that another useful definition of communism is that
the people own the =only= means of production. This is where it gets
bad. Otherwise, it is just in competition with everything else.

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.