Old August 18th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Default The Deaf vs. The Colorblind

Larry Dighera wrote:

Am I to infer from that statement, that you don't appreciate the
effort I expended in researching the information and providing it as
reference material for this discussion?

something I did myself before posting to refresh my memory, google:
AIM site:faa.gov
total time: about 2 1/2 seconds, but I didn't want to clutter
a post by something that anyone could get easily. But thanks for
the effort.

So there is no such part, that exempts a flight from receiving a
clearance to land from ATC at towered airports contained in AIM
Section 6-4-1: Two-way Radio Communications Failure. Thank you.

you definitely have to work on this reading comprehension thing.
Seriously. May be English is not your native language. Ask
someone to explain it to you, hire an instructor, do something.

To summarize, retiring FAA light gun equipment, would result in the
inability of a flight to land at a towered airport in the event of
lost communication as a result of total electrical system failure.

Total electrical system failu either you are in VMC and then
this is not really a problem, although it might be, this is
your call after all, or you are in IMC in which case this
is an emergency and you do whatever it takes to complete the flight
safely (you may want to read 14 CFR 91.3 -- it is online too,
no need to post it here)

So when my headset plug makes intermittent contact while I'm on short
final at my destination (towered) airport, you suggest that I abort
the landing, and head for an uncontrolled field, rather than see the
green light from the tower and land?

If you have to ask, I suggest that you take remedial training.

--Sylvain

Your smug attitude belies your shallow analysis of the issue.

I had to think about this one for a minute, thought you were
being ironic, it was difficult to tell.