Old February 18th 08, 04:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Robert Sveinson

Default comparision shot

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
"richec" wrote in message
Bill & Ange wrote:

Taken last year at Toronto Aerospace Museum, Wheels and Wings Hertiage
Festival. Just after this show was taken the skies opened up and it
poured. Luckily we got the Arrow inside. Photo by Andy Cline.

Is THAT an Arror!!!!???? I thought they were all destroyed! Is that a
display mock up?

Yup, the museum commissioned it, IIRC.

There was a chap in western Canada who was
building a full size model of the Arrow, and
when the movie about the Arrow was being
filmed in Winnipeg the film company got hold
of the partially built model, finished building it,
and then gave it back after filming.
It showed up at Abbotsford for the
airshow one year.

There were electric motors in the landing gear
so that it could "taxi".

--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO