Old March 6th 04, 05:34 AM
Fred J. McCall

"Tex Houston" wrote:

:"Bob McKellar" wrote in message
:
: We keep bringing up presidents/candidates getting shot at (
: "We" includes me, I confess ). But today a related issue
: popped into my head.
: snipped
: Maybe I have forgotten something ( not an unusual event )
: and maybe it is a silly thing to think about. However, I
: think the experience of picking a particular human being and
: blowing him away would have quite an effect on somebody.
:
:I'll submit a name who came so close. Tied in vote total with Thomas
:Jefferson he became vice president by decision of the House of Representives
:but is probably most known for killing Alexander Hamilton in a duel. He
:also served in the Revolutionary War.

Uh, wasn't that a bit longer than 75 years ago?