Old June 25th 20, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default GP 15 Jeta

kinsell wrote on 6/24/2020 5:57 AM:
On 6/23/20 9:23 AM, Turkey Vulture wrote:

Some owner?* There's only been one delivered, and he's up to his
eyeballs trying to get the thing flying.

Do tell, it was delivered unflyable??!!

To be fair, it has flown once.* It got air-freighted to the convention to suck in
new orders

With the conventions on a two year cycle, displaying the glider this year was a
very important PR event. It was useful to me to sit in it, so I got decide between
the two fuselages - ditto for other current and potential customers. The scheduled
test flight was prevented by a snow covered runway at the airport used by the
factory.

My ASH26E came with a steerable tailwheel that had never been tested for a similar
reason (it was also delivered a year later than originally expected). Stuff
happens with new models of gliders, and getting one of the first few has more
risks than later orders.