Old September 3rd 05, 10:58 PM
Jimmy B.

john smith wrote:
I am seeing a few NOTAMs stating "fuel unavailable".
Overall, what is your experience in the Southern US?
What are your FBO's telling you?
Are their suppliers telling them to expect/not expect future shipments?

At my home airport, OMH, in Virginia, the airport manager was talking
about not selling gas. I asked him why and he said that they couldn't
get anymore and he didn't want to run out. I asked him what good the
fuel would do just sitting in the tank, and he shrugged.

So I called AOPA and they said there was no concern of Avgas. They said
there was only 1 refinery closed that even supplied avgas. They thought
that there might be intermittent shortages here and there, but no long
term shortages.

The manager still wanted to stop gas sales even after hearing that. So
I called the county manager and he told the airport manager to keep
selling gas until they were out.