Old October 14th 05, 07:12 AM
Hilton

Jim Burns wrote:
Wow!! How cool! Able to grab all the METARS/TAFs for the entire US or
just
the states you want, then color codes them so you can easily find better
(or
worse) weather at a glance! Also shows you how old the info is. Can't
remember what the winds aloft were? No problem! Just select from the
pull
down menu. Too cool.
Thanks Hilton! You've given me a whole new reason to drop my iPaq in my
pocket before taking off!

Stop it - I'm blushing. Seriously, have you tried 'Quick Look'?
(please let me know if you can think of a better name). Quick Look was
designed for people like me who like 'raw data' METARs and TAFs, but with
some tweaks:

1. Times are converted to local, so "TEMPO 0913" becomes "TEMPO 2am-6am"
2. Altitudes are WYSIWYG, so OVC048 becomes OVC4800'

I'm not convinced that translated (i.e. English instead of raw) is good for
Pocket PCs except to demo at Expos.

Thanks again for your comments. BTW: WingX got a little write-up and Cecil
was quoted in this month's Airport Journals.

http://www.airportjournals.com/Flori...?varID=0510037

Hilton