Old October 6th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

Default Ping karl and Matt: My JPI probes' ambient temperatures

karl G and Matt B, in lieu of our previous discussion about what appears to
be too low JPI CHT readings in my aircraft, I finally had the opportunity
to note the ambient temperatures for all of my JPI probes today, as the
aircraft had been sitting for a few days without the Tannis heater plugged
in.

I thought you might be interested in the readings.

Outside temperature was 53 degrees F.

Cylinder - EGT/CHT (degrees F)

1 - 50/52
2 - 51/56
3 - 51/53
4 - 54/55
5 - 50/52
6 - 52/52

Oil temp: 55

Like you, both JPI and Tornado Alley also recommended noting the ambient
temperatures as a test of the probes' proper calibrations. JPI also added
that, "The only way all probes are low at the same time simultaneously is
if the calibration is off."

I sent these results back to JPI to see if they agree that the probes are
properly calibrated.

--
Peter