Old June 26th 17, 02:03 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

You are missing a point here Mr Ballou but I can't help but feel that missing the point is what you do best.

What a glider pilots does once off tow does not affect the tow pilot, what they do on tow does. Yes, gliders crash not infrequently resulting in the death of the pilot and occasionally a passenger but that is not the fault of the tow pilot, that is exclusively the fault of the glider pilot. When a tow pilot crashes as a result of a glider pilot's failure to stay in position I become concerned. When a device meant to give the tow pilot a fighting chance to survive does not work, is known to be prone to failure I take great exception. Does this not make sense to you?

If you wish to kill yourself that is your decision, fly on my friend, I shall not interfere. If you wish to kill me we will have conflict.

Walt