Old June 26th 17, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Letter to the FAA

Sorry Walt, my comment wasn't directed at you. It was a comment on the
lack of knowledge of math and statistics.

I'll either die today or I won't, so I guess I'll stay in bed and stay
comfortable until it happens. That 50-50 concept only works with coin
tosses, etc. and, as used, is disingenuous.

On 6/25/2017 2:09 PM, Walt Connelly wrote:
Dan Marotta;949727 Wrote:
If it was really 50-50 nobody would be flying. Did that statistic come

from MSNBC or Johnny Depp?

Actually it was in an article from Tom Knauff called "Launching
Emergencies." I read everything I can find on the subject. I saw the
humor, the tongue in cheek of what he said, did you not?

http://www.eglider.org/NewsArticles/...mergencies.htm

Walt

--
Dan, 5J