Old March 17th 21, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Groundloop accident at the Senior Contest

Dave Nadler wrote on 3/16/2021 5:48 PM:
On 3/16/2021 4:41 PM, John Good wrote:
Pilot is currently reported to be in surgery to address ankle & leg injuries plus a
dislocated hip. Doctors are optimistic for a good outcome.

Very sorry to hear and wish Tom a speedy recovery.
This might be good to review:
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.avia...m/2GGBShuhs2oJ
No new ways to crash...
Be safe out there, See ya, Dave

I don't know anything about the accident, but often wonder if a steerable tail wheel would
reduce the number ground loops while towing. Having a steerable tail wheel on my ASH26E really
made an impression on me - no more being a passenger on a ballistic aircraft.