Old January 13th 04, 12:58 AM
Thomas Schoene

Ogden Johnson III wrote:
"Harriet and John" wrote:

What does SCB (as in SCB-27C - the steam catapult conversion) stand
for?

Only a feather-merchant bureaucrat would need to know that. Are you
boning up to be a feather-merchant bureaucrat?

Well, then I guess I'll mark myself as a feather merchant (again).

SCB stands for Ship Characteristics Board. The SCB set ship requirements
(speed, armament, armor, range, etc), which in turn determined their
characteristics (dimensions, displacement, and so forth). The SCB numbers
indicate the requirements document that led to a sopecific ship or
modification.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)