Old February 13th 09, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default LS-4 For Sale

This is why Glider Cockpit fitment is such a personal issue: A few
inches of torso-versus-leg length makes a HUGE difference in terms of
ergonomics (especially once you factor in different arm lengths and
the ability to reach the panel).

I've 6'1" and have got a somewhat-long torso; so first-gen Discus and
Ventus and Mini-Nimbus fuselages don't fit me well (have to lay down
all the way back so I don't have good visibility and cannot reach the
panel with my belts tight). But I fit the LS-4 OK and I fit _great_
in the DG-300 and DG-1000. *shrug*

Oh, and with my seating position in the DG-300 (my butt low and the
seat slightly forward, thanks to the air-bladder behind the back) I
can see all the way back to my horizontal tail just fine. :-) But
rear visibility (aft of the wingtips) was definitely an issue with a
lot of the glass ships in the 70's and 80's.

Take care,

--Noel