Old August 5th 20, 12:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Looks like you can buy a piece of Seminole

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 2:45:04 AM UTC-4, Paul T wrote:
At 04:29 05 August 2020, RW wrote:
Bob, I agree , we can not loose this site. Last 2 managers made this

site
the best in US.
We know 2 proven managers, looks like we have many industrial real

estate
experts /pilots who could help as volunteers, site should be purchased

by
all of us., SSA, NSF, NAA.
Every respected gliding country has national gliding training center.
Are we 3 worlds country ?
Pls. try to be positive, and be respectful for people who worked so

hard
to made this site way better after mr. Knut sold it.
Our SSA headquaters should move there, and National Soaring

Fundation
should move there.
All of you who think can help with the technical part of the purchase
should be harnessed , and I hope $2mil+ should be negotiated.
I would only buy brick or 2 of $500 if we have Andreea or Rich running

the
place.
Bricks : could be ; T glidr open hangar, 20 bricks, maybe , I dont

know ?
Rich can figure it out.
Point is, this is the only competition in US my wife is willing to to go
with me.
It is run perfect now.
Thx to Rich and Andreea.
Love my friends.
Ryszard Krolikowski

I believe there is a very famous gliderport in the north east which has
been for sale for quite a while, it has ridge, wave, thermal lift and the
distinction of being the launching point for many world and national
records - and owned by people who as far as I am aware have helped
develop soaring in the USA and are a honest as the day is long - so tell
me why Seminole is so special it should justify what you have proposed
above.

Well, for one thing you can lay out semi naked by the pool in December and produce some vitamin D.

Walt