Old September 9th 20, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Refinishing ASW24

On Wed, 09 Sep 2020 12:49:27 -0700, wrote:

On Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 11:40:09 AM UTC-4, Martin Gregorie
wrote:
On Wed, 09 Sep 2020 04:06:05 -0700, wrote:

On Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 4:45:06 AM UTC-4, Colin Roney
wrote:
Rum? Can`t stand it. It`s like drinking liquid rubber. Why not try a
good Scottish single malt whisky. Your working progress will
benefit.
At 02:05 09 September 2020, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 6:30:53 PM UTC-7,
wro=
te:
On Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 9:14:39 PM UTC-4,

wro=
te:
Only used two boxes of band-aids on my fingers and drank two
bottles
of=
good Cuban rum.
So, can we assume that the R/B ratio of one bottle of rum to
one box
of=
Band-Aids can be used as a measure of performance? Try three
bottles of
ru=
m and report back with the results. If you end up needing a
tourniquet, ple=
ase let us know.
Mark, the ratio is consistent with the measure of pain! I liken
this
orde=
al to a couple of other projects that I have tackled in the past, I
basical=
ly said to myself ,"What the hell did I do this for". The
tourniquet sugges=
tion is a great idea, not sure that it would stop the flow, but
certainly w=
ould prolong the suffering.=20
On to the next step in this ordeal, will be building back up with
filler
=
and primer and on to the final coat or two or three of acrylic
urethane the=
n sanding down to 3000 grit and buffing, I might need more rum.

If a low number grit does not easily take off the hard finish use a
finer g=
rit until it cuts easily then move to a 80 or 65 grit. An electric
grinder=
with adjustable speed is what I have used. In my opinion an
orbital is
no=
t needed. Use no pressure on the sander let the paper cut.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ventus.htm

Richard www.craggyaero.com

Thanks for the suggestion Colin, I could never forgive myself for
drinking Scottish Whiskey, I would be contributing to the Kennedy
dynasty and for that I could never forgive myself. Rum is much
better, we call it the juice of the Caribbean gods, many a pirate
sailed these blue waters while indulging it that fine roasted sugar
cane fermented nectar. I will keep your suggestion in mind just in
case the rum gets too depleted. Bob

Do the Kennedy Clan still have dibs on that post-Prohibition money-
spinner? Enquiring minds want to know.

--
Martin | martin at Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Martin, I do believe that the Kennedy clan still gets royalties on
every bottle of Scotch whiskey imported to this country. Just recently
a Kennedy was finally defeated for political office in Mass, what took
those people so long. Maybe that Kennedy could come on down and help
sand gelcoat now that he is out of work.

:-)

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org