Old February 6th 04, 04:17 PM
Chris OCallaghan

Mixed feelings about slips... can be very useful, but most instances
of need can be attended to before needed, as others in the thread have
pointed out.

Frozen airbrakes are one of these. If you intend to fly at altitude,
or anytime the temperature is below freezing, a layer of vaseline
between the mating surfaces will tyically prevent them freezing
together.

ISoar wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 10:16:17 -0500, Todd Pattist
wrote:

A full slipping turn
is perfectly safe and can be useful when your airbrakes are
frozen shut or when you just want a steeper approach than
normal.

I guess I should have made it clear that my need to know how to do
this was for the simulated case where the airbrakes are frozen shut.

Thanks for the tips.