Old July 10th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Beal AFB TFR ???

On Jul 9, 9:14*am, "Tri-Pacer" wrote:
Planning a trip from Tacoma, WA to San Diego I find a security TFR for Beal
AFB that seems to be renewed on a daily basis. It looks like they have
extended the Class C top all the way up to 18,000.

They actually only use the TFR for about 10 minutes. The FAA requires
they keep it open though the entire time the bird is in the air
because in an emergency it may come down. In anycase, I have never,
ever heard of anyone having any problems getting cleared through it.

-Robert, CFII