Old September 18th 09, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Default Old parachute

Thanks Ray, but it looks like we have 2 chutes here in the local area.
John's Company rescued a BASE jumper from a TV antenna, at night, in
high winds, a while back! Those BASE jumpers don't have both oars in
the water!
A fire department north of Mt. Home Idaho rescued me and my nose
gunner after we set the place on fire. We're lucky to have such
dedicated guys on call.
JJ

rlovinggood wrote:
On Sep 17, 10:07*pm, JJ Sinclair wrote:
Son John (aka JJ jr) is the training chief for Elk Grove Fire
department and they would like to have a training scenario where the
firemen must work out the details of rescuing an aviator who is hung
up on a power pole after bailout. Does anyone have an old, non
airworthy parachute they would donate to train the guys that respond
to our real emergencies? Will pay the shipping.
Thanks,
JJ & JJ jr. Sinclair

JJ, one of our club members has a Security 350, I think. I'll send
him an e-mail asking if he would like to send it your way. Can't
think of a better purpose for an "unuseable" parachute.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA