Old February 24th 12, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default PowerFlarm and transponders while towing?

On Feb 23, 3:47*pm, "Dan Marotta" wrote:
Not to sound like a smartass, but have you considered leaving the PowerFlarm
off until release? *Is the collision potential so great over your usual tow
route/altitude that you don't feel safe without it?

That's kind of like saying I know my street and neighborhood really
well, so I won't bother to fasten my seat belt until I get a few miles
down the road. It's not so much a matter of not feeling safe without
the PowerFlarm, but rather of being safer with it. Statistically, at
least for power planes, most mid-airs occur within a few miles of
airports, just like most car accidents occur within 5 miles of home.

bumper