Old March 28th 20, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Much Ado About Nothing

Hmmm.....many years, "a bit of sailplane hours"......a lot of "Mercian iron" (SGS) with nose hooks, about the same hours with CG hooks (mostly AS**** ships)..... all aero tow...frankly, in lots of conditions and suitable training, can't say I have an issue or preference.
Yes, low time training, nose hook can help since it tends to track to towplane tail a little easier.
Yes, most of my aerotow hours are low tow (please don't start that argument yet again here....I fly and trained on both...).
:-(

I have NO winch experience (would LOVE to do Karl's course in PA....if nothing more than to fly with Karl...;-)).