Old January 21st 18, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default RIP Tomas Reich - SGP Chile

W dniu niedziela, 21 stycznia 2018 21:24:49 UTC+1 użytkownik Duster napisał:
Tragic. Slight correction; I think Mr. Reich's contest id is ZZ, not GN (also according to his Facebook info). One can review the online tracker just before he moves beyond the FOV. Start @ 1:45:00 where ZZ appears to be moving to align with a CCW gaggle at an altitude similar to the others. You can see him make a correction, but instead of joining the group, he turns abruptly westerly beyond view. I don't think he re-appears after that, though there is data coming from his ship well forward of that timepoint.

https://youtu.be/LgR7KkNXyWI?t=6309

76/5000

it happened when there was a break in the transmission - much closer to Santiago