Old April 24th 18, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Tapered pins (again)

On Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 11:13:41 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I was thinking about having my Pegasus pins tapered. I'll have to check how much is protruding from the spar. Who has done this and is it something any good machinist can do? Does the taper JJ mentions seem about right?

I own a Pegasus - and my pins are tapered - about 1/2 inch on the end - I believe that is the way it came. I do not have an issue assembling quikly.

Only once, I did have residue on the ring that looks like a big washer around the root pins - cleaned that and no more problems. Anything on that creates problems.

WH