Old July 7th 14, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default PowerFlarm, ADS-B, GPS again!!! (please don't flame me)

On Sunday, July 6, 2014 2:08:11 PM UTC-7, Darryl Ramm wrote:

Small portable units is not where the vision of ADS-B started,

I don't say it was where it started but it was part of the vision expressed at an FAA conference in the 1995/6 timeframe. Unfortunately I can't find the exact dates of the conference or locate any minutes but I was in attendance as a member of the NASA HSR XVS team. Since we were working on developing an aircraft with no forward facing windows we had a keen interest in detecting anything large enough to be collision hazard.

Maybe you can track down some record of the conference. All I remember is 1995/6 and location Arlington.

Andy (GY)