Old September 21st 04, 12:30 PM
Gene Seibel

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:kRE3d.82581$D%.55927@attbi_s51...
2600 miles -- in two days. Whew!

We're back from the Reno Air Races (two days early, sadly, to get out ahead
of a winter storm system that rolled into the Rockies on Friday afternoon),
and I'm here to tell you: Reno ROCKS!

I've never seen anything quite like it. In Reno, aircraft engines that were
designed to put out "only" 1500 horsepower are being pushed to over 3000
horsepower, and are powering aircraft around an 8 mile oval course at over
500 mph, just a few feet off the ground, and just a few feet apart. To say
it's exciting is a major understatement: It quite literally makes NASCAR
look like a walk in the park.

But I'm ahead of myself...

Great story, Jay.
--