Old May 16th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Nathan Young

Default Repaving evicts us from our hangar?

On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:32:48 -0500, (Jay Masino)
wrote:

I was curious if anyone else has experienced this... Our airport is
having it's ramp area re-paved. Because of scheduling, they're starting
earlier than expected. 4 buildings of T-hangars have to be out by this
Monday (the 21st). Actually, you have a choice of being tiedown outside
for 2 months, or be trapped inside your hangar for 2 months. My plane
lived outside for a lot of years, but that was considerably inland. My
current airport is on the coast (Ocean City). I hate the idea of
sitting outside for that length of time, within a 1/4 mile of the ocean.
What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards leaving it in the hangar,
and starting some projects that would disable her, anyway.

Happened to me at 3CK (Lake in the Hills, IL) a few years ago. The
paving work was in the middle of summer, and I was faced with the same
choices as you (tiedown, be trapped in the hangar, or go to another
airport).

I was leaning towards the tiedown, but then realized I wanted to get
the plane painted anyway, and the annual was due in 2 months... So I
moved the annual up a month and then had the plane painted afterwards.

-Nathan