Old May 16th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Marco Leon

Default Repaving evicts us from our hangar?

Jay,

I highly doubt any weather-related issues would become noticable let alone
significant over being tied-down outside for two months. That would mean all
the planes currently tied-down on coastal airports would be rendered useless
in a year or two. As others have said, your hangar is not
climate-controlled and therefore exposed to the same salty air that the
other non-hangared planes are exposed to.

Marco

"Jay Masino" wrote in message
. ..
I was curious if anyone else has experienced this... Our airport is
having it's ramp area re-paved. Because of scheduling, they're starting
earlier than expected. 4 buildings of T-hangars have to be out by this
Monday (the 21st). Actually, you have a choice of being tiedown outside
for 2 months, or be trapped inside your hangar for 2 months. My plane
lived outside for a lot of years, but that was considerably inland. My
current airport is on the coast (Ocean City). I hate the idea of
sitting outside for that length of time, within a 1/4 mile of the ocean.
What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards leaving it in the hangar,
and starting some projects that would disable her, anyway.

--

Jay Masino "Home is where My critters are"
http://www.JayMasino.com